Support This Blog with your donation

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

Today, while waiting for the dealer to call that all the recall work was done on the Minivan, I am without a car and homebound.  So I wanted to comment on some recent news.  I would love to hear from you.  Please leave me comment.

1)  Great debut last night from Carmelo Anthony # 7.  Not sure that he is all that the Knicks need but it will be nice to see the Garden used for the playoffs and he has already boosted the television ratings.

2)  Libya -  Will this domino fall?  What does this mean for us?  Oil at $119/ barrel.  Time will tell.  It's a shame the previous administration made some diplomatic moves towards relations with Kahdaffy.  He was responsible for sanctioning PanAm 103 which exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988 killing hundreds.  His time is up. 

3)  Wacky Weather - I saw a report that snow is forecast for San Francisco - the first time since 1976.

4)  Man saved by two priests - An 89 year old man was rescued by two priests after he set himself on fire while lighting candles in the back of Holy Family Church in Hicksville.  It's good that there was a quick response. 

5)  I was a big Howard Stern fan and when he moved to Sirius, I didn't make the move with him. I have been able to listen to him through my IPOD-touch so I had a chance to catch up with him this week.  He interviewed Bill Murray this week and it was very good.  Murray talked about several topics including Ghostbusters 3, Saturday Night Live and his career.  Stern should have been considered to take over for Larry King when CNN pushed him out.

Well that's all folks....for now.

Melo boosts ratings
Oil production
Wacky Weather
Priests save Burning Man
Howard interviews Bill Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment