Support This Blog with your donation

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year 2012 - Predictions

New Year's Eve.  2011 is all but finished and looking back I am grateful for the blessings I have in my life.  I have a supportive wife and three healthy and growing children.  As our planet finishes its annual journey around the sun, I am all too aware of the difficulties experienced by many others this year.  Heck it was all over the news this year:  The 99%ers versus the 1%ers.  The haves versus the have-nots.  Too much divisiveness this year.  I pray that 2012 will usher in a period of change in which we are all more willing to help others and I hope there can be more creativity, cohesion and collaboration in this country.

I am also very pleased that I was able to continue this blog during the year.  Initially, this blog was a personal challenge to see if I could sustain interest in writing the posts with some regularity.  I also wanted to find a creative outlet by building the blogsite and adding assorted features to the site. I am happy that I was successful with this. 

I am also pleased that somewhere out there in cyberspace there are others who stopped by the blogsite to read my postings.  There were close to 2,300 visits to this page over the past 11 months.  I couldn't have done this alone so I wish to thank all my visitors from the USA and beyond which includes the countries of Vietnam, Singapore, Canada, Russia, United Kingdom, Hungary, Latvia, Netherlands and New Zealand.  Thank you all.

Finally before I move along to the predictions, I ask that my readers not be strangers to me so give me some feedback, cold or hot, here on the blog or thru my email: SKeegan10@aol.com.  You can also follow me on Twitter @SteveKeegan10.

Have a wonderful, happy and healthy 2012.  Peace.

Steve

2012 - Predictions

The 2012 Presidential election will pit President Obama versus Mit Romney.

Romney will select NJ governor Chris Christie as his running mate.

President Obama will tap Secretary of State Hilary Clinton as his running mate and install Vice-President Biden as Secretary of State.

In Congress, over 60% of seats held by incumbents will be lost to challengers due to outrage with D.C.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo becomes an early line 2016 favorite for the Presidency.

Hollywood box office continues to go south due to several factors:  bad movies and too many remakes

The Green Bay Packers will win the Super Bowl.

The Miami Heat will win the NBA finals.  Ouch I hate predicting this one.

The Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim will win baseball's World Series.

In business, at least one "too big to fail bank" will fail and be absorbed the other big banks.

Unemployment will remain at or near 9% for much of the year. 

Apple will announce plans to produce an I-Pad Slim - 7" tablet to challenge Amazon's Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook. 

The Occupy movements will continue in the US and abroad and expand in other cities.

Russia's Putin announces his retirement from politics as protests continue to mount against him.

Iran will look to blockade the Strait of Hormuz, cutting off Oil supplies to the west.  Oil rises over 150.00 a barrel until a joint US-UK naval operation defeats the Iranians and opens up the strait.

During the 2012 Olympic Games in London, several Chinese Olympians from its basketball team look to defect.

Finally, the world will not end on December 21, 2012 but the Mayan Long Countdown will begin yet again.


Have a great year everybody.


























No comments:

Post a Comment