Support This Blog with your donation

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Have a Holly Jolly December

Just a quick post today as I realized my last post was several weeks ago and I'm not sure if  I will be able to crank out any more blog posts for the rest of the year, we'll see.

Anyway, Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was nice having Aimee, my wife's family, over to enjoy the delicious turkey and all the trimmings.  The following day, my family visited my brother at his home and it was a blast seeing all my brothers and sisters (all eleven of them, their spouses and also their children too) and of course Mom and Dad.

Now the calendar turns towards December and its push towards Christmas.  The weather is getting chillier this past week and old man winter will soon be firmly residing here in New York.  This is the nice part about living here and what I missed when I lived in Arizona: the seasons.  Each season has its own rhythm and there is something special about each of them.

For me, its the decorations and lights displayed outside the homes surrounding me.  It's also the time to prepare oneself during the relgious season of advent.  Preparing your hearts and minds for the greatest gift ever given to mankind.  It is all too easy to get caught up with the commercial side of the holidays and Christmas.  I know, I have three young children and when they see a commercial I hear "I want that" over and over.  They are still little and they have no understanding of the true importance of Christmas but I hope I can impress on each of them that the most important gifts in life are not those they see on slickly produced television commercials but the time spent and values taught in the home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.

I am thinking of having a final blog post for the year with several predictions for 2012.  I would love to include predictions from the readers of this blog so please leave me a message here on the blog or email me at SKeegan10@aol.com for further information or with any questions.  Also follow me on Twitter @SteveKeegan10.  Years ago on Nightline, Ted Koppel would have several panelists make their predictions for the year ahead.  I'd like to do something similar for my year end blog.

Finally, remember the Seinfeld episode with the holiday called Festivus, well it's date is December 23.  Happy Festivus

No comments:

Post a Comment