Support This Blog with your donation

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Leo the Lion King

Yesterday evening I received word that my father had to be admitted into the hospital.  In the morning he had joined three of my brothers to attend SUNY Stony Brook's basketball game.  From what I was told, he appeared pale upon arrival and said he was dizzy before going into the gymnasium.  An ambulance was called and my oldest brother, who's a Doctor, went over to the SUNY Stony Brook Hospital with Dad.

I heard by the time he went to his room, he was feeling better and that he should be coming home today.  Hearing this news yesterday made me very reflective and grateful that I've had my father in my life.  I am who I am thanks to the example and lessons he, along with my mother,provided my brothers and sisters in our home.  These lessons continue to carry over today in how I raise my three children.

I am amazed that he and my mother raised 12 children in a tiny Levittown house.  In our house there were no basements to banish the kids to when they get too loud.  Was it perfect?  No, but what household is perfect?  It just worked for us and the result is 12 productive children and 28 grandchildren with 2 more on the way. 

Dad, you are Leo the Lion King and I hope you're feeling better soon  as we enter the spring season and warmer days ahead.

Love,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment