Support This Blog with your donation

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back into the trenches

Tomorrow brings the return to my classroom of 12 active teens full of energy and enthusiasm.  While it's only been three weeks since I've seen most of them, it hasn't felt that short.  I am looking forward to an exceptional and creative year with these children.  Also, good luck to my son and daughters as they continue their school journey at a new school.

Two quotes from Elbert Hubbert illustrate what teaching means to me:

The object of teaching a child is to enable him to get along without his teacher.


The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner.


cartoon teacher
Now to get some rest, it's back to business tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment